Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ode to Congress and the Religious Right

I get annoyed when you judge.
Surrounded by your ignorance.
I get annoyed when you lie.
What makes you better than me?
I get annoyed when you say one thing, but do another.
When you think you know everything.
When you think you can control me.
When you take away my rights.
When you make hate a hobby.
You think your connected to God?
Last time I checked, God wasn't hiring.
You see the world through tainted eyes. 
Common sense isn't in your lexicon.


I get annoyed when you discriminate.
When you make bad decisions.
When you spout untruths.
When you drone on and on.
When you argue to no avail.
I get annoyed when you think you know me.
When you make assumptions.
When you fill my air waves.
When you pollute my mail.
When your in my face.
You hate me, but you don't even know me.
You don't even think for yourself.
You hide behind posters-blogs-signs-Facebook.
You pass your hate around.


I get annoyed when you force your ideas.
When you make your own rules.
When you think rules don't apply to you.
When you think your better.

When you sit up there on your hill.
What gives you permission to speak for me?
I didn't vote for you.
Just because you have money doesn't make you smart.
You can't buy a soul.
I just got a text from God.
You're fired!

1 comment:

  1. Incredible.... Well put and dynamic. I absolutely wholeheartedly agree with you. It makes my skin boil that people use religion or God to rally against human rights. I was so inspired when I heard you read this. Love, love love!

    ReplyDelete